Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a UI designer for consumer-facing products, you’ll work on crafting the visual language for a diverse range of projects, applying that foundation to end to end experiences, and continuing to craft the continuity, accessibility, and new brand presence for Toast. This is all with the united goal of helping restaurants represent the best of their hospitality, digitally and ensuring that consumers recognize the best dining experiences as Toast. The core mission is to create experiences that help Restaurants not only meet their guests where they are, but deepen the connection with every interaction.
You are a talented and friendly team player with a strong portfolio showcasing emotionally engaging, top-of-class mobile consumer experiences. You think big, pushing the Toast product brand forward, but you also care deeply about the fine details. You passionately evangelize accessibility and advocate UX best practices.
You are a key contributor to growing our design system, working closely with other UI and UX designers and engineers to align and add patterns and styles across all consumer-facing products. You have a keen eye for detail without ever losing sight of the bigger picture: to create a holistic, coherent and delightful end-to-end customer experience across all our products. Designing patterns specific to iOS, Android, or Web is second nature to you. You bring teams together, aligning, advising and empowering them to do their best work, and help them deliver high-quality on-brand products faster.
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Craft, lead, and own a scalable UI Design Language across guest-facing native mobile products from concept to highly polished final designs
- Contribute to product vision and strategy resulting in emotionally engaging experiences.
- Be a key contributor to scaling Toast’s design system, from building components to documenting usage guidelines
- Advocate for UI best practices and accessibility
- Leverage storytelling and design to present to key stakeholders
- Inspire and mentor fellow UI and UX designers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements):
- Around 5 years of demonstrated experience creating compelling new UI design and visual product experiences for a product area and the ability to connect those to a broader product vision
- Expert in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms with a focus on native mobile
- Fluency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, iOS/Android native app patterns, responsive/HTML/CSS design, motion design
- Expert in building responsive components and patterns in Figma
- Proactive with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
Our spread* of Total Rewards (benefits):
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Parental leave
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Core health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Subsidized backup childcare
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].