Now more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Hot off an IPO in 2021, Toast is investing heavily in R&D, including scaling core products, accelerating growth of emerging products, and incubating New Ventures that can have a substantial impact on Toast’s long-term growth. We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher dedicated to understanding the unmet needs of potential and existing Toast customers to inform the design of new products focused on addressing those needs. As a Senior UX Researcher, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose; to enable restaurants with the tools they need to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- You will collaborate with New Ventures leadership (Product, Design & Engineering) to identify areas of confidence & risk in the product roadmap and craft a plan to address them
- You will create research plans that align methods and scope with business needs and technical constraints to deliver on-time, within budget and with impact
- You will conduct qualitative and quantitative research and synthesize findings into actionable recommendations, bringing your stakeholders along throughout the process and sharing findings in the way that will maximize impact
- You will collaborate with the Research team to establish and promote consistent, rigorous research practices and standards; model and advocate for those standards on your Product team and promote research excellence across the organization
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years with user-centered, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies in a multi-disciplinary B2B/Digital/Food & Hospitality context
- Proven ability to plan, lead, execute and deliver compelling and actionable user research in a fast-paced environment, balancing both speed and rigor
- Expert in uncovering user needs through a variety of field methods
- Excellence in moderating and facilitating individual and/or group interviews
- Ability to synthesize findings that translate into actionable insight
- Proven experience developing deep insights and customer advocacy in product teams
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Gifted storyteller, adept at crafting deliverables (presentations, frameworks, video and infographics) that persuade, influence and inspire multi-disciplinary teams
- Command of user experience principles, design methodologies and collaborative problem solving
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
- Advanced analytical skills are a plus (Excel, SQL, R)
- Digital agency experience is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].