Location: Flexible (Paris Issy-les-Moulineaux) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also
hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events
and share them with their family and friends.
The Video Engine team delivers as a framework the cross-platform engine that power each of the GoPro applications and cloud. Those tools assemble, filter and create video edits from a variety of user's media. Being part of this team means
that you will be at the center of the action, working with artists to create the best video editing experience on mobile and desktop platforms.
As a software engineer, you will contribute to the following topics:
- Cross platform APIs: We develop cross platform (mobile and desktop) APIs for use across the GoPro stack. Those include media analysis, testing infrastructure and various tools and libraries (logging, file management, media playback, …).
- Video editing features: We build advanced features on top of our cross platform engine that provides real-time playback and export of complex scenes and video edits for all kind of media (high frame-rate, spherical, etc ..)
- Audio Engine: An advanced audio engine with multiple effects (mixing, ducking, dynamic compression, …) that provides real-time, sample-exact playback audio on all platforms.
- Development tools: We are engaged in improving the quality of our tests coverage and in building development tools that enhanced the team productivity.
- After 1 month: you will discover the team, the engine architecture, the code base and our processes. You will have contributed with at least a first PR.
- After 3 months: you will be autonomous to fix bugs or design a small feature on 1 mobile platform
- After 6 months: you will take the ownership of advanced features inside the engine
Skills We’re Excited About
- Cross-platform development: iOS and macOS, any other platform (Android, Linux, Windows) is appreciated.
- Interfacing C++/C with native language of mobile platforms
- Build systems (at least CMake)
- Understanding, refactoring and designing large architectures
- Experience in one or many of the following skills is also desirable:
- Kotlin or Swift for mobile development
- Experience in 3D rendering (DirectX, Vulkan, Metal, OpenGL)
- Experience with FFmpeg / video formats
- Media processing: sound, image, video
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#C++ #iOS #macOS