Software/Data Quality Engineer
- Flexible (Bucharest) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
About Data Science Engineering (DSE)
DSE at GoPro is responsible for our in-house data platform infrastructure, data engineering and automated data analytics reporting. We are responsible for enabling and empowering our partners in product, engineering, product analytics, marketing teams by providing infrastructure, tools, services, visualization to access data and business reports. We are also responsible in preparing data and metrics to support data scientists and business operations.
About the role:
As part of this engineering team, you will work on vast amounts of data from GoPro’s ecosystem. This includes our cameras, applications, cloud services and web applications. You will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Superset, Airflow, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Scala, Java, SQL, and Python. You will work on creating tools/frameworks that help ensure the highest possible quality of data in the data platform and of our ETL process. You are also expected to work effectively with our development, analytics, marketing, and product teams, who are located in varied time zones, to enable data-driven decisions which improve the experience of millions of users worldwide.
What you will likely do:
- Own data quality and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the highest quality of the data in our system
- Develop and maintain data quality monitoring tools and systems
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand data pipelines, ETL libraries and implement appropriate white box testing processes, frameworks and scripts.
- Create metrics and graphs to visualize and validate user engagement tables
- You are passionate about automated testing, data pipelines and related big data technologies
- You have the capability to synthesize business requirements and construct the technical requirements and engineering project plans
- You have a background in distributed data processing and software engineering and can build high-quality, scalable data products
- You have an analytical mindset and have a passion for solving business problems using data
- You are a creative thinker and a strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail and can tackle loosely defined problems
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner and effective manner with both technical and non-technical peers
- Ability to articulate design and implementation choices
- You have the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a dynamic environment
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Strong software development experience with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, Scala or equivalent)
- Extensive SQL knowledge, e.g. Postgres, MySQL. Spark SQL is a plus
- Demonstrable experience in white box testing with a focus on data quality and ETL pipelines
- Experience with Amazon AWS is a plus
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included);
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Gym fee compensation / LiveHealthy Wellness Program;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage;
- Life insurance and disability benefits;
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning;
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.