Location: Flexible (Paris – Issy-les-Moulineaux) – This role is based in France with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
The Video Engine team provides the cross-platform engines that power each of the GoPro applications. Those tools assemble, filter and create video edits from a variety of user's media. Being part of this team means that you will be at the center of the action, working with artists to create the best video editing experience on mobile and desktop platforms.
This role will leverage the candidate’s software quality assurance and programming experience to help design, build, and run automated test tools.
The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for developing an end-to-end automated testing solution for the GoPro video rendering engine used in the QUIK mobile software.
The Senior QA Engineer will work all departments and multiple locations to validate test coverage, execute automated tests, and help generate automated quality reports for company-wide visibility.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in one or more programming languages and have experience in developing automated test tools in an agile software development environment.
Fluency in English is required. Please provide your CV in English.
What You Will Do
- Develop and automate testing solutions using Python
- Create pipelines from scratch using Jenkins
- Test the video rendering engine on mobile devices to catch more bugs
- Design and implement automated testing solutions from written requirements
- Develop different types of automated tests (regression, integration, unit, performance, stress, image quality, etc)
- Develop and maintain test applications on iOS and Android with mobile engineers
- Use the Jenkins pipelines to automate test runs of applications on various mobile devices
- Build detailed analysis and automated reports
- Collaborate with QA engineers, DevOps engineers, and Developers in Paris, Bucharest, San Diego
- Help developers to reproduce bugs on devices for a complete investigation
- Participate in release process on mobile platforms
Skills We’re Excited About
- Experience programming in Python, C++, shell scripting
- Experience with mobile development, testing, and debugging on iOS and Android (Swift, Java, Kotlin)
- Strong skills in designing test frameworks on mobile devices
- 5+ years experience working in an agile software development environment
- Knowledge of Jenkins Pipeline build jobs
- Knowledge of digital video on mobile platforms
- CI/CD best practices
- Use of Git and Github
- Self-motivated, good problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
- Collaborative mindset
- ISTQB certification
- Fluent in English, French is preferable.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Competitive salary and discretionary performance-related bonus
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.