The Software Development Engineer utilizes extensive knowledge of localization tools and Localization Industry standards to help bring GoPro’s message to international markets. The Software Development Engineer works with the Localization Managers, other Engineers, Quality Assurance, and third-party vendors to provide engineering services for translation deliverables. Key tasks include creating highly automated workflows, managing the localization platform, identifying and creating solutions to further automate the localization process, troubleshoot problems, and lead the integration of tools to facilitate and streamline the translation lifecycle.
- Design and implement automated localization workflows and incorporate best practices into our localization process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve in-process project-related issues.
- Partner with Production, Development, and IT teams to create and implement cost savings, risk reduction, and efficiency-based solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis and suggest, coordinate, record and implement process improvements.
- Complete project risk analysis and define mitigation actions of the risks identified.
- Provide training on specific translation process solutions and Localization Best Practices in general.
Skills We’re Excited About
- 3+ years of experience as a Localization Engineer or similar position
- BSc or BA degree in Translation, Engineering, Programming or other relevant areas
- Proven experience with Translation Management Systems (TMS) such as SDL Trados, Passolo, GlobalLink, Lokalise, etc and familiarity with SQL databases and content management systems
- Strong communication & people skills, including the ability to convey technical information to a cross-functional team comprising client technical and non-technical resources.
- Excellent problem solving, prioritization, multitasking and time management skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team
Bonus Points For
- Extensive technical knowledge of Localization tools and industry standards in different areas such as Web, Multimedia, Desktop Publishing, Consumer Device, and Mobile Apps localization
- Foreign language skills
- Experience with double-byte / bidirectional languages
- Familiarity with terminologies
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro;
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#internationalization #localization #localizability #translations #TranslationManagementSystems #TMS #CATtool #CATtools #software localization #product localization #SDL #Trados #Passolo #GlobalLink #terminology #TMSmigration #TMSintegration #connectors #webdevelopment