Bready* to make a change?
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain* is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced leader to join the Toast R&D team. In this role, you will lead a team within Employee Cloud, creating a technical plan, hiring and developing team members, and incrementally delivering value to our restaurant customers and their employees. Employee Cloud is a new business unit within Toast that is driven by making it easier for restaurants to find, train, manage, and retain their employees. What makes this opportunity even more exciting is that by joining Toast now, you would be one of the founding members of the Toast Canada team. You would be an integral part in defining how our expansion will manifest across North America.
About this roll*:
- Lead diverse teams that continuously ship improvements and diligently measure the results.
- Influence product direction through technical insights.
- Inspire and manage teams of software developers.
- Create and execute the hiring plan to grow the team.
- Drive cross-team and cross-organization efforts with predictable execution and results.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You have experience building SaaS products or platform/infrastructure used to deliver them.
- You have experience with hiring and developing empowered teams.
- Your teams are operating in effective software development environments including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
- You drive continuous improvement throughout the software development process.
- You have a strong technical background with a personal preference for remaining technical.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates.
- You have a servant leadership mindset and you subscribe to the Toast values.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Flexible PTO + 11 Paid Holidays
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- No Cost Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].