At Toast, we’re committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Front End Engineer to join our Web Experience team working from anywhere in Ireland where our mission is to make Toast Web a self-service destination for our restaurant users with an attractive, easy to use interface. Our team’s focus is on designing a state of the art architecture and tooling for other developers at Toast to use as well as enabling Navigation and personalization through Toast Web. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, product data analysts, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.”
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current frontend stack while writing world-class applications
- Championing best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Participating in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in modern web standards and technologies (e.g. React, Apollo GraphQL, React Testing Library) and can apply them to build fully responsive web pages
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Typescript, single-spa and TailwindCSS a plus
- Experience building or working with a Design System
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Toast employs a Micro Frontend architecture using individually deployed single-page applications across our web experience. Toast is building apps on a foundation of React, Typescript and Apollo GraphQL with Jest/React Testing Library for testing. SPAs are bundled with Webpack and built via Jenkins. We use an internal framework built on top of single-spa to manage the micro-frontend at runtime. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture primarily written in Kotlin 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing written in Java with Gradle. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.