Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As Toast grows, there is demand to keep up with the rapidly changing payments landscape. Our customers already depend on Toast to deliver billions of dollars to their bank accounts reliably and on time, now they expect their money instantly, to different destinations and with lower fees. You will lead a team to implement new payment technologies talking to partners like Visa, Mastercard and major banks. Your team will own the full flow all the way from user experience to backend financial APIs as a Tech lead
Come and join this new team!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly resilient and scalable features across Toast’s Fintech management products
- Lead complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for our customers
- Partner with a wide array of teams across Toast
- Ensure quality by building automated testing for changes
- Roll* features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and high-quality team output
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Drive team results and impact across Fintech and other Toast teams
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years experience building backend services and APIs
- Extensive experience working with an Object Oriented Language like Java or Kotlin, with a deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Strong communicator who can express engineering tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Experience shipping production services and balancing getting things done with platform stability and reliability
- Experience building backend services and APIs and scaling distributed systems
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS or similar)
- Motivated to improve the day-to-day lives of fellow engineers
Technical leadership experience on multi-person projects
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Option to work hybrid or in office in Dublin
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
*Bread puns encouraged but not required.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].