Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding Junior Software Developer, Tools & Analytics to work on our internal developer infrastructure. As a member of the developer infrastructure team, you’ll work with senior engineers to develop new tools for data collection, build automated systems for validating and stress testing our technologies, and create designs and recommendations for future work. We value a strong sense of ownership, service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for creative problem solvers and people who can develop and operate great testing systems.
We love to meet great people, so even if you don't tick every single box, apply anyway!
- Develop tools, automation, and cloud systems for internal and external developers
- Develop high quality software through extensive use of automated testing and continuous integration
- Collaborate with internal engineers to aid in building our analysis systems
- Create design documents and provide feedback on the designs of peers
- Review the code of your peers and provide feedback: we review code to spread knowledge, find conceptual errors and ensure that code is readable and maintainable
- Work with senior engineers in mentor relationships to develop your skills
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Building automated testing systems
- Database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming
- Strong grasp of application development fundamentals
- Linux programming, tools and scripting
- Version control tools / Git
- 1-3 yrs relevant experience
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with embedded devices and C/C++ programming
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong numerical analysis skills
- Experience with statically typed Python, Rust and/or a functional language like Haskell
- Experience developing open-source products
- Willingness to learn new languages and experiment with emerging technologies
At Swift, we're on the cutting edge of emerging technologies and techniques looking to adopt the best in class solutions to solving new and existing problems. We embrace new languages and tools (such as Rust, Haskell and NixOS) in our development workflow and we're seeking like minded engineers to help iterate our technology stack.
- A flexible work environment includes work-from-home days each week.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer-covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49