Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a member of the Infrastructure engineering management team, you will be responsible for guiding the teams that build our process and automation systems, enabling the smooth functioning of our various staging and production environments, including all of our applications; infrastructural components such as databases; cache servers; queueing services; and network security.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive delivery of business outcomes across multiple teams, including planning and execution.
- Collaborate closely with Development, Platform and PM teams to get actionable, valuable work defined for the team.
- Ensure end-to-end delivery of software, including team ownership of monitoring and production issue remediation.
- Coach individuals in professional and technical development
- Mentor both new and experienced Team Leads
- Grow teams to meet business needs via recruiting.
- Apply project management skills to streamline development and delivery
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, and configuration management (especially Ansible and Terraform)
- Experience building automation tooling in a modern programming language (preferably Go or Python)
- You believe internal tools deserve unit tests
- Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL or DynamoDB a plus)
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu and Amazon Linux)
- Substantial experience with version control software
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment workflows and cloud IaaS providers (preferably AWS)
- A get-things-done attitude and track record of success.
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.