Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
This role leads a high-performing team of Customer Care experts who take on our most challenging customer issues and drive them to resolution. Team members are based in Omaha, Boston, and remote locations. This role is responsible for (1) ensuring quick response and timely resolution of customer escalations, (2) communicating with senior leadership about the root causes and resolutions of customer escalations, (3) working with cross-functional internal teams to ensure effective escalation processes and feedback mechanisms, and (4) training and developing managers and team members to excel in their roles and advance their careers at Toast.
This position is hybrid and will require weekly onsite attendance at our Omaha, NE location.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Escalations Team’s processes, policies, and operational execution.
- Lead a team of 2-3 managers and 25-30 Customer Care experts.
- Ensure quick response and timely resolution of customer escalations.
- Work cross functionally with other Toast teams (e.g., Sales and Restaurant Success) to address customer issues.
- Develop processes to determine root causes of customer escalations and identify opportunities to address those causes.
- Work directly with customers when leadership engagement is needed to build trust.
- Communicate status, resolution, and root cause of customer escalations to senior leadership.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and automate processes; drive the operation to become more scalable as the business continues to grow at a rapid pace.
- Establish team KPIs and goals and effectively manage the team to achieve those goals.
- Hire, develop, and retain high performing and customer focused support managers and staff.
Do you have the right ingredients?* (Requirements)
- 5+ years of management experience in customer support environments; prior experience leading Escalations / Tier 2 teams a plus
- Strong communications skills, with experience communicating complex issues to external customers and internal senior leadership
- Detailed oriented and good with numbers; experience establishing KPIs and leading teams to hit metric-driven goals
- Experience driving process improvement and change throughout an organization
- Strong customer centric experience
- Ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative team environment
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech Industry experience a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].