Location: Flexible (San Mateo). This role offers the flexibility to work from home, within proximity to an office location.
GoPro is seeking a top-tier candidate for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer role working in a hybrid remote/office environment. This position will be responsible for developing innovative mechanical design solutions for the camera, mounts, and all related accessories. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will contribute to the feasibility studies and coordinate validation testing on new and modified designs. The role will also work closely with internal and external partners to generate all necessary documentation and test plans to confirm product(s) meet specification. In addition, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer will ensure product features achieve cost, schedule, reliability, thermal and regulatory/safety goals. The ideal candidate should have thorough ability to use state-of-the-art CAD and analysis tools to create mechanical designs, primarily consisting of injection-molded plastic, stamped sheet-metal, and die-cast component assemblies for high-volume mass production.
What You Will Do
- Drive and support the mechanical architecture, development and evaluation for new products
- Be responsible for the overall design, review, documentation and functional validation of mechanical components and assemblies
- Conduct and participate in mechanical engineering evaluation and test to validate the robustness and proper performance of new products
- Collaborate with internal and external teams (i.e. suppliers, partners, ID, PDM, manufacturing, operations, quality, tooling, etc.) to ensure the successful development and launch of new products
- Contribute to the development of mechanical tooling and production part qualification (i.e. first-article inspections, manufacturing process capabilities (Cp/Cpk), measurement gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R), material certifications, etc.)
- Utilize best-in-class tools to develop innovative mechanical solutions to highly complex problems
Skills We’re Excited About
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in mechanical and/or product design development
- Thorough knowledge and experience utilizing CAD modeling and FEA tools
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and performing statistical tolerance analysis
- Experience creating MCOs for PCB/FPC design and working directly with EE team members
- Ability to work cross-functionally with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handles various projects simultaneously in a productive and timely manner
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
Bonus Points For
- Experience using Siemens NX and Teamcenter CAD applications
- Experience in the development of consumer electronics products; preferably in handheld, mobile and wireless devices
- Experience working with Asian ODM/JDM partners and suppliers
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $116,450 – $157,550. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.