Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready to make a change?
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the sales, product, and marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. This is one of our highest impact roles: it will not only allow you to be on the ground floor in transforming the restaurant industry, but you will also partner closely with senior leadership to drive long-term shareholder value.
Have you ever been to a restaurant and used your phone to order or pay for your food? As the Sr. Manager of Digital Dine-In, you will own a portfolio of solutions across mobile payments, digital menus, and mobile ordering like Toast Order & Pay that empower restaurants to reimagine hospitality & their service model in an increasingly challenging labor market, while empowering guests with a dine-in experience that is frictionless, convenient, and safe. In this role, you will partner closely across Product, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, and Customer Success teams to develop go-to-market [GTM] strategies & launches to re-envision and accelerate our Digital Dine-In suite as the future of restaurant dining. You will collaborate on key initiatives relating to product positioning and messaging, pricing & packaging, in-market experimentation, as well as qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, tackling complex problems, has a proven track record of launching new products, and excels within a highly cross-functional, high-growth environment. If you’ve got a strong bias for action and never shy away from a challenge, read on!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Customer Success teams to develop and execute strategic go-to-market plans that encompass the entire lead-to-live journey across the digital-dine in suite.
- Develop sales and marketing experiments to test hypotheses and inform GTM strategies; including pricing and packaging recommendations. Using metrics to back-up your suggestions and decisions is a must.
- Stay close to our customers and competition: Leverage data to unearth insights into buyer and customer needs and identify market opportunities for our digital dine-in products.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
- Serve as a peer mentor / coach as a senior member of the Guest product marketing team
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, diverse environment that can span product marketing, product management, operational roles, finance or strategy consulting.
- Can autonomously lead highly cross-functional projects, while eager to ‘stretch’ and grow their skillset, scope and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to build strong, compelling story lines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quant and qual research to move leadership to action.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with primary market research and data analysis.
- Strong EQ – ability to empathize with our customers, their guests, and fellow Toasters in these highly uncertain times – with an eye for the ‘bigger picture’
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL and/or Looker preferred, but not required
- Restaurant industry experience [and / or passion for eating at restaurants] is a plus.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.