Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform delivers the business agility required to respond to today’s ever-changing environment.
The Senior Software Software Engineer is a hands-on role that will work closely with our Product Owners to iterate quickly on the features and APIs, interact with one or more engineering teams to define the architecture, and implement features based on a precise understanding of the requirements.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable services
- Demonstrated ability to mentor engineers and lead projects
- Strong OOD and SOA principles, with the ability to implement them in Java
- Has a passion to produce high quality deliverables while working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission critical systems Team/Leadership qualifications
- Demonstrated ability or open to working with global teams across time zones
- Has a passion to produce high-quality deliverables Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain the CI/CD and improve release pipeline
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Strong educational background with Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
- 6+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multithreading, and caching techniques
- 2+ yrs experience in Java 8 (Streams, Lambda)
- Experience with working on Spring/ORM, Microservice frameworks, Dockers, GIT, Gradle, and Linux platforms
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Candidates with experience on Kafka, Kafka Streams, Big Data and Spark will be preferred
- Experience in working with NoSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB
- Solid understanding and experience with OAuth, Logging, and Security frameworks
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle etc.
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, Group Medical Insurance, Term Insurance, Accidental Insurance, paid time off, Maternity leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.