Espresa is the only personal benefits platform that delivers a global and all-in-one experience for HR, people teams, and employees. With a core focus on Lifestyle Spending Accounts (LSAs) and a complimentary, modular suite of solutions focused on total wellbeing, recognition, and community, Espresa powers Great Places to Work® while making heroes out of HR teams.
Join our growing team of tenacious builders, designers, and people igniters, and help transform the industry of personal benefits for good.
Basically, you are a superhero (no cape required). Here is what we’re looking for, and, as with any growing company, this is not intended to be all-inclusive. We’re innovative, and you have an opportunity to help design this role and grow it.
The ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of Python and Django ORM, familiarity with Angular, and expertise in software design, architecture, security best practices, and API design. Their work will emphasize high-level architectural decisions and hands-on development while maintaining the highest security standards.
Here’s the base
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical direction and mentorship, guiding the broader global team on best practices, patterns, and strategies.
- Software Design & Development: Spearhead the entire software development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment, ensuring the delivery of high-quality software products.
- Software & API Architecture: Design and architect scalable software and API solutions that meet technical and business needs.
- Code Excellence: Write, review, and maintain clean, efficient, secure, modular code.
- Collaboration: Engage with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers, Designers, and QA Engineers, to ensure alignment and cohesion in software delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of professional software engineering experience
- Expertise in Python and Django ORM. Full-stack experience, including familiarity with Angular, is a strong plus
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and architecting APIs
- Proven ability as an individual contributor with the capacity to lead technical projects
- Deep understanding of software design principles, patterns, architecture, and security best practices.
- Firm grasp of modern software development practices and tools
Nice to have
We don’t expect you to know all this. We know you should be able to pick up much of this as needed. However, if you have prior experience with these, please mention them!
- Demonstrated ability to design high-quality APIs, data structures, and protocols
- Experience integrating and working with ML infrastructure services and pipelines
- Experience deploying and working with AWS
- Experience with SAML 2, cXML, OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, FIDO2, JWT
- Experience integrating with other platforms like Workday, Stripe, Slack, Teams, Amazon Business, Shopify, and more!
Compensation Range: $150K to $200K per year
Show us you and how our mission and vision shine in you. Please send your resume and cover letter. We welcome wonderful, kind, and bright humans!