Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Senior Tax Specialist works as an experienced resource for the Tax Operations Team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for completing advanced level payroll tax tasks. This position will evolve in accordance with varying job responsibilities. They will communicate with clients, tax agencies, and internal teams to resolve outstanding tax matters. This position requires an understanding of payroll tax concepts and taxation rules.
This position will start remote and then move into Hybrid for our Chicago, IL office.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Creating and submitting amendments to various tax agencies
- Participate in quarter-end and year-end activities, specifically the preliminary audit to ensure taxes will be filed correctly
- Determine tax adjustments needed to correct employee taxation due to various circumstances
- Properly closing client payroll accounts
- Assist in the training of newly onboarded Payroll Operations Specialists
- Completing various projects as assigned by the Payroll Operations Manager aligned with regular job responsibilities
- Testing and troubleshooting system and software updates
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor Degree Required
- CCP or FCP certification Preferred
- 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Actively communicate with clients and coworkers
- Ability to adapt to change and varying job responsibilities
- Effectively manage time and self-start projects
- Prior experience in a customer service role
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience using MasterTax
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.