Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and assist with general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience at a high–growth technology company. This is a critical role with high visibility throughout the organization.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage and prepare entries related to payroll, travel and entertainment, goodwill and intangibles, and miscellaneous operating expenses and related accruals.
- Perform various month-end tasks including preparing journal entries, balance sheet
reconciliations, supporting schedules, inter-company transactions and allocations on a timely basis.
- Support the core GL team by assisting with daily activities and month-end tasks as necessary.
- Analyze and provide flux commentary on monthly Balance Sheets and P&L for relevant accounts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure data integrity.
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide accounting support to the organization for special projects, reporting, and analysis as necessary.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of US GAAP and NetSuite or other cloud-based ERP/financial systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with proven analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].