- Flexible (San Mateo, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
- GoPro requires all onsite visitors and workers to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
Be part of an Exciting and Dynamic Team that is responsible for the Core Firmware of the most Versatile Action Camera in the World.
What You Will Do
- Manage various efforts of firmware development on GoPro's next generation camera platforms
- Manage and collaborate on system architecture tasks
- Work with both the local and overseas firmware teams to guide and coordinate the firmware development effort based on defined architecture
- Work closely with hardware team and chip vendors to validate hardware
- Hands-on coding and maintaining existing C code
- Mentor junior members of the firmware development team
Skills We’re Excited About
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, MA/MS preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing embedded software/firmware
- Expert C programming experience
- Good understanding of embedded operating systems (Linux, VxWorks, Nucleus, ThreadX, uITRON, etc.)
- Good understanding of tasks, threads, inter-process communications, semaphore and other embedded operating system concepts
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: Bluetooth Classic/LE, WiFi, I2C, I2S, SPI, SDIO, JTAG, UART, MCU, USB, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and agile, ability to adapt in a fast paced engineering environment
- Ability to work independently with little direction, ability to work with cross-functional teams such as hardware, mechanical, program management, etc., consummate team player
Bonus Points For
- Imaging Processing Pipeline and Algorithm knowledge
- Image Quality and Calibration background
- Audio Processing techniques
- Familiarity with socket programming and Internet protocols such as TCP, IP, DHCP, HTTP, DNS, ARP, etc.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.