This role will leverage the candidate’s experience with cross-platform software development to extend and maintain core software used by many development teams. The Staff Cross-Platform Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing software and tools used by mobile, desktop, cloud, and camera teams. The ideal candidate is proficient with a variety of programming languages, tools, and build systems and has experience working in an agile software development environment.
What You Will Do
- Design, build, test, and maintain cross-platform software used by client application development teams located in San Diego, California; San Mateo, California; and Paris, France.
- Communicate with development and QA engineers and managers for planning as well as maintenance / bug fixing.
- Extend the current cross-platform code base.
- Improve testing procedures.
Skills We’re Excited About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 3 – 5 years experience working in a cross-platform software development environment using C++ and at least one other programming language
Bonus Points For
- Working knowledge of “modern” C++ (C++11 and newer)
- Familiarity with the CMake meta-build system
- Experience developing apps on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android platforms
- Strong git skills including github workflows
- Ability to write in one or more scripting language
- Working understanding of Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, c#, or Python
- Working understanding of Xcode, Visual Studio, or Android Studio
- Experience working with photo, video, or audio media
- Experience with networking concepts including HTTP, REST, Wifi, BLE, HLS, PTP
- Passion for photography / videography
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $132,600-$156,000.