GoPro is seeking a top-tier candidate to take on the responsibilities of a Staff Electrical Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for electrical hardware development of consumer-grade camera. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimization, implementation and test. You must be responsive, flexible, goal-oriented with attentions to details, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
What You Will Do
- Provide leadership and accountability in driving electrical design reviews and collaborate with the cross functional team to accomplish project deliverables.
- Electrical circuit design with ORCAD, PCB layout review, and releasing electrical BOM to PLM system.
- Develop documents and validate electrical designs which meet functional, quality, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements.
- Resolve technical issues and tracked in JIRA and well communicate across functional team.
- Reviews and qualifies alternative electrical parts during engineering validation and development stages and supports sustaining engineering in qualify alternative parts after PVT/MP stage.
- Support compliance team to ensure electrical design meet EMC compliance requirements.
Skills We’re Excited About
- MS or BsC in electrical engineering or equivalent with 12+ years of experience in electrical design and related field in consumer product.
- Experience in designing electrical system with Microprocessor, memories devices, power system, high speed transceivers, WiFi/BT/GPS devices, and various serial interface such as I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, USB, MIPI, and SLVS-EC signals.
- Experience in Orcad CIS sehcmatic, Allegro PCB EDA tool, and strong laboratory skillvariety of electronic equipments.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving independently with minimal guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to work independently and cross functionally
- Hands on with electrical lab equipments, including High-Speed signal performance analyzers, TDR, Oscilloscope, etc.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.