Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Now a little more about what you could be doing as part of our team and contributing to Swift’s mission and vision. As a Staff Electrical Engineer on the team you will be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of Swift’s hardware products, solutions, and features. You will help design and create innovative products that expand Swift’s portfolio of precise positioning platforms Together, we'll create products that make high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications.
- Add new features and daughter cards to evaluation products, enabling next generation hardware
- Design and build hardware products to enable Swift’s technology with minimal oversight
- Partner with firmware engineers to design and execute board bring-up and validation
- Ensure products are reliable, manufacturable, well tested, and well documented
- Work with applications engineers to triage hardware field issues
- Work with vendors to understand roadmaps for GNSS products
- Continuously improve the hardware team’s process and practice
- Minimum BSEE with minimum 10 years experience or MS with 7 years experience
- Familiarity with a broad range of electronic components and hardware, including analog, power, microcontrollers, microprocessors, logic, and communication interfaces. GNSS designs are a plus.
- Familiarity with analog, RF and/or high-speed, high density PCB designs (such as communications) at the schematic and PCB-design level
- Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and power supplies
- Passion for creating robust and reliable electronics designed for mission-critical applications in demanding applications
- Strong concept development, design analysis, hands-on prototyping, and performance and reliability testing skills
- Understanding of engineering materials, fabrication processes, component selection criteria, and design for reliability, availability, and manufacturability
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) across all levels and organizations and to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, an employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49