GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is looking for a highly motivated, creative, experienced engineer to develop image quality test systems for cameras and camera modules. This role will work closely with GoPro Operations and with GoPro’s partners in the development, validation, and installation of new test systems. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that can work independently, come up with creative solutions for a range of technical projects, drive projects to completion, and collaborate with other teams within and outside of GoPro.
- Co-work with AEG group for image quality test system developing and validating image quality, camera modules, and optical components that includes test methodologies, image quality metrics, scripts, system hardware, and software.
- Analysis test system production data, able to purpose test specifications for test system, write test documentation for CM include test system qualification plan.
- Able to analysis process capability and tolerance from component design to system level variation, such as temperature and production and test system capability or focus shift, including lens material assembly to camera module through final assembly on focus shift.
- Co-work with AEG group to develop test plans and make sure pass/fail criteria on the test system for image quality testing of cameras and camera modules, golden sample selection.
- Involvement from NPI to MP, analyze test system GRR data and correlation study on each build—validation data, mass production test data, and results from experiments.
- Travel to GoPro’s partners to support installation and validation of IQ test systems.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, Computer Science, or related field. M.S. strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience developing systems for manufacturing/testing of cameras, camera modules, or similar products.
- Experience working cross-functionally in high-pace environment, collaborating with teams from different department.
- Desired software skills, one or more of the following: Matlab, Python, C++, C#.
- Strong communication skills in English and Mandarin, both verbally and in writing.
- Get your very own GoPro (mounts and accessories included)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your work week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Commercial Insurance
- Kitchen with coffee bar, drinks, and snacks galore
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.