Flexible – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equity. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is looking for a top tier candidate for the Sustaining Electrical Engineering role. This position will be responsible to improve product quality, cost reduction, production yield rate starting from PVT phase. The role will work closely with cross functional team, our partners and suppliers to validate the selected solutions. Define components and collaborate with internal teams to verify the selected solution product requirements. In addition, the position will perform all necessary tests to confirm that product fulfills specification as defined. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills; good attitude and passion to achieve excellence in the routine work.
- Electrical circuit design, PCB layout review, manage and release electrical bill of materials
- Participate in, as well as conduct electrical design reviews and collaborate with the cross functional team to accomplish project deliverables
- Create test requirements documents, define test limits for validating the design to meet functional, quality, reliability, manufacturability, and safety
- Conduct design experiments and critical design validation tests, train test teams
- Track and resolve technical issues working with cross functional teams
- Reviews and qualifies alternative electrical parts during engineering validation and development stages and supports sustaining engineering in qualify alternative parts after PVT/MP stage
- Support compliance team to ensure electrical design meet EMC requirements
Skills We’re Excited About
- MS or BsC in electrical engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of experience in electrical design and related field in consumer product.
- Experience in designing electrical system with Microprocessor, memories devices, high speed transceivers, WiFi, BT and GNSS devices and PMICs.
- Experience in low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods.
- Experience in various serial interfaces such as I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, USB 2/3, MIPI, HDMI, DP, PCIe and SLVS-EC etc.
- Experience in OrCad CIS schematic, Allegro PCB EDA tool.
- Proven ability in investigating root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving independently with minimal guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to work independently and cross functionally.
- Hands on with electrical lab equipments, including High-Speed scopes, Signal analyzers, TDR, etc..
- Get your very own GoPro (mounts and accessories included)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your work week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Commercial Insurance
- Kitchen with coffee bar, drinks, and snacks galore
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.