Location: Flexible San Mateo, CA. This role allows the flexibility to work from home, within proximity to an office location.
GoPro is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and experienced engineer for developing Image Quality test systems for cameras, camera modules, and optical components. Projects span from methodology conceptualization and technology investigations, to working with third-party vendors on system development, to working closely with GoPro Operations on implementing and validating test systems at GoPro’s contract manufacturers and/or vendors. The ideal candidate can work independently, come up with creative solutions for a range of technical projects, drive projects to completion, and collaborate with other teams within and outside of GoPro. Moderate international travel is required.
What You Will Do
- You will be a key part of a team that develops and validates image quality test systems for cameras, camera modules, and optical components, for both mass production and lab environment
- As the Systems Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the over-all systems design, hardware design, and in some cases system-level control software
- You will build prototype systems in GoPro’s lab and validate functionality/ performance of the systems
- You will work closely with other teams within GoPro: Image Science, Image Quality, and Optics Teams for test, calibration, and analysis algorithms; GoPro Operations and partners for implementation, validation, and GR&R in the factory
- You will write technical specifications, test plans, and other documentation for test systems, both for internal developments and for systems developed by third party vendors
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor's or Master's in EE, Physics, or similar field, M.S. strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in relevant field
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of system design: electrical, mechanical, optical, control theory, etc.
- Experience with CAD work / mechanical design, and simple PCB design / board layout
- Experience sourcing all components and building test systems in lab environment, meeting tight schedules. Creativity and positive attitude are key!
- Proven track record designing and implementing test systems for electronics, preferably cameras, camera modules, or other optics/ opto-electronics
- Desired software skills: Python, C++, Cad/SolidWorks, MATLAB
Bonus Points For
- Experience with mass-production test systems
- Direct experience with cameras and image quality
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $122,400 – $188,600. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.