Location: Flexible (San Mateo) – This role offers the flexibility to work from home, within proximity to an office location.
You will be responsible for designing and developing the for GoPro’s future, exciting, consumer product line.
What You Will Do
- Firmware design and development on GoPro's next generation camera platforms
- Work closely with the system architect and Electrical team to define, implement and maintain driver firmware modules that integrate with camera middleware, application, and UI framework.
- Work closely with Electrical, Manufacturing teams and/or chip vendors to bring up the camera hardware builds
- Support research, investigation, and prototyping of new firmware for next generation camera platforms.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical/ Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing advanced embedded software for complex consumer electronics embedded systems.
- 5+ years of experience in any or combination of the following – MCU RTOS firmware design, PMIC design, and Battery.
- Low level interfaces like I2C, SPI, eMMC, SDIO, I2S, USB, HDMI
- Board bring-up and system-level integration experience
- Experience in schematics review
- Experience with equipment such as digital scope and logic analyzer
- Experience programming with C
- Must possess excellent debugging skills and have familiarity with common debugging tools, including JTAG.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $111,300- $176,000. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.