Job Title: Staff Image Processing Engineer
Location: Flexible (San Mateo, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
GoPro requires all onsite visitors and workers to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate for the Image Processing Engineer role. This position will help design and develop methodologies that are required to study, correlate, and improve the image quality of GoPro's camera product line. Specifically, the Image Processing Engineer’s responsibilities include developing tools and infrastructure to ease the image quality tuning process, developing image quality metrics to aid in camera development, and performing ISP tuning to assist in the characterization of future algorithms and components.
What You Will Do
- Develop image quality tuning tools for faster, more efficient tuning workflow, both internally and with external SoC vendors.
- Develop simulation tools for easier off-line tuning and for the ability to provide accurate examples to leadership and product teams.
- Develop image quality metrics and new test algorithms.
- Work with algorithm, firmware, and infrastructure teams, as well as SoC vendors to validate the fundamental functionality of SoCs (present and future).
- Perform IQ tuning and ISP simulations to characterize algorithms/hardware components.
- Help define the firmware system which interacts with IQ tuning
Skills We’re Excited About
- B.S. in Computer Science, Image Processing, or related fields
- 4-5 years of experience with image processing and camera image quality tuning, or in closely related field
- Expertise in Matlab and/or Python Scripting languages as well as C, C++
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in image quality measurement and evaluation
- Ability to work well individually and within groups with strong interpersonal communication skills
Bonus Points For
- M.S. in Computer Science, Image Processing, or related fields
- Experience developing and deploying scalable tools to aid image quality tuning
- Experience characterizing the image quality of encoders and/or machine learning algorithms
- Experience working with firmware environments, using version control tools such as GitHub
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.