- Flexible – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equity. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
About the Role
Sustaining Mechanical Engineer position will provide mechanical technical support during the production phase for the camera, mounts and all related accessories. The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with various internal and external teams to analyze the issues, propose solutions and verify the selected solution resolve the issue. In addition, the position will create issue reports and provide feedback to the Mechanical Engineering team for future designs. The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge and experience using NX (Unigraphics) solid modeling and assembly creation and experience with Asia ODM partners and contract manufacturing suppliers.
What You Will Do
- Candidate will support sustaining activities for GoPro portfolio of products like camera, accessories and mounts.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional impact assessment of all proposed changes.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional qualification of second contract manufacturer (CM) bring up for current mass produced cameras, accessories or/and mounts.
- Lead or participate in the qualification of second source component/module with an opportunity for supply continuity, and cost reduction
- Ensure product sustaining and change activities are in complaint to change control process, design control, applicable regulatory and quality system requirements like thermal and safety.
- Participate in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, and Corrective Actions as required.
- Comprehensive documentation responsibility that may include, but not limited to, generating engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, product validation plans, and change requests.
- Review and approve engineering change orders.
- Lead DFM study to ensure product achieves engineering requirements in NPI stages.
- Lead process development and process bring up in NPI stages.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- S. and above degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience in mechanical and/or product design development environment
- NPI hands-on in in or with OEM, ODM/JDM facility, including Line Balance/Follow Chart/SOP experience
- Strong DFM hands-on ability
- Experience with Statistical Method, and strong problem-solving skills – root cause analysis, FMEA, Design of Experiments.
- Good technical understanding and experience in project management.
- Computer Aided Design, such as NX (Unigraphics), 3D CAD software preferred.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and performing statistical tolerance analysis
- Good knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of design control.
- Results and deadline driven
- Experience with Asia ODM partners and manufacturing suppliers
- Team player ability to work in cross‐functional org.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English are required.
- Excellent verbal communication skill in Mandarin is required.
- Get your very own GoPro (mounts and accessories included)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your work week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Commercial Insurance
- Kitchen with coffee bar, drinks, and snacks galore
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.