Location: Remote USA – This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
The Advanced Technology is responsible for developing our core libraries to enable more capabilities in our ecosystem of video and media editing tools. Responsibilities include researching innovative techniques, implementing / maintaining these through clean APIs, profiling / optimizing critical sections, and utilizing key technologies for users to be able to create engaging and compelling edits with their media.
- Focus on building cross-platform libraries for macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Research and develop optimal techniques implementation to meet stakeholders requirements (visual/audio effects, machine learning, etc).
- Establish and drive quality-first, continuous improvement practices to achieve key business objectives.
- Manage and distribute libraries releases internally to different teams.
- Work closely with Project Managers and partner engineering teams to align project priorities and schedules, provide work estimates, and identify and mitigate risks.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Computer Science Degree or similar technical degree.
- 8+ years of work experience in software development with a proven history.
- Proficient in C++.
- Experienced with modern GPU APIs, shader development, and GPU performance tuning.
- Familiar with building abstractions over platform specific technologies.
- Experienced with HLSL, GLSL or Metal shading languages.
- Experience with building with CMAKE and using Jenkins or other build tools.
- Development experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration, and automated build tools.
- General interest with audio, photo, and video editing / streaming.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $132,600-$156,000.