Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team, you will develop and operate services and infrastructure to run our leading cloud-based navigation corrections service. These services are being deployed globally and need to be highly available, to bring high precision, autonomous navigation systems to the forefront of the industry.
Our service-oriented architecture runs scientific modeling, and uses distributed message brokers for connected satellite navigation receivers.
You will be part of the team that develops services which are part of our industry-leading positioning service. In addition to development of services, the team owns the provisioning, scalability, availability, and maintenance of our multi-cluster cloud platform.
We value a strong sense of ownership, service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for creative problem solvers and people who can develop and operate great services.
We love to meet great people, so even if you don't tick every single box, apply anyway!
What you’ll do
- You will develop and extend the cloud platform that is the basis of our global GNSS positioning service product
- You will participate in a globally distributed team of software engineers that operates the cloud platform and develops services
- You will champion automation, infrastructure-as-code, security, DevOps practices, and CI/CD to Swift’s development teams
What we expect
- Solid understanding of how cloud and container based infrastructure operates
- Have an Infrastructure-as-Code mindset and a desire to automate and streamline cloud configuration
- Experience with operating and deploying services in a cloud environment (ideally AWS and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging, and metrics infrastructure
- Experience with container-based infrastructure and orchestration
- Experience creating and operating scalable and highly-available production services
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
We also value skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience building scalable and robust services
- Success in implementing and promoting continuous integration and deployment
- Creating and integrating services with REST and RPC interfaces
- Experience with security protocols and how to architect secure infrastructure
We don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these technologies. We strive to run a modern and updated tech stack.
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS)
- Python and Golang for automation and service development
- Prometheus/Grafana/Loki for metrics and monitoring
- Jenkins and Github Actions for CI/CD
What’s great about this opportunity
You will participate in creating a platform and cloud-based services for a high performing product used in autonomous vehicles and devices. You’ll be able to shape and influence our platform as we’re striving for modern and best-in-class practices and are adopting the right tools for the job.
Why join Swift Navigation
- Work with a small-but-growing company that solves the hard problems in precise positioning, and is building a vital service for autonomous vehicles, drones, and robots.
- Be the one who solves the challenge of developing a high-quality corrections service, and enable developers to deliver high-quality services efficiently – in a supportive, inclusive, and friendly environment with a great group of people.
- Swift offers flexible vacation time, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), lunches, and other competitive benefits. Join us in a dynamic engineering role — technological innovation is at the core of our business.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49