We are looking for a talented engineer that is passionate about building world class polished interactive applications that will be used by millions of customers in our GoPro Community. This engineer will participate in the development of Windows applications that enable consumers to share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and story-telling features for GoPro cameras and cloud content.
What You Will Do
- Architecting and implementing new functionality to our suite of desktop software.
- Building / maintaining reusable frameworks / tools and integrating existing frameworks developed in house.
- Developing rich and interactive user interfaces that are modern and adhere to best practices on the platform.
- Take ownership of important projects from technical design to implementation.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Ideally has experience and proficiently writing in C#, C++ and C.
- Experienced with XAML, and Windows UI (WinUI) Library to create user interfaces.
- Experienced with various Windows App Platforms: UWP (native or managed), WPF and Win32.
- Experienced with CMAKE, Git, continuous integration, and automated build tools.
- Experienced with Rest APIs and interacting with cloud based endpoints.
- Familiar with debugging techniques, experience with various debugging tools.
- Collaborative experience working with UX designers and Product Managers.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Experience deploying apps to Microsoft Store or creating installers (MSI, etc).
Bonus Points For
- Experience with MediaFoundation.
- Experience with DirectX or other GPU APIs.
- Experience developing Windows Exporter based plugins.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $147,900 – $227,125. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.