Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Staff Software Engineer / Tech Lead (Fullstack) to join our Product-Led Growth R&D team. This team builds experiences to help customers maximize revenue and operational efficiency through in-product discovery and self-service purchase. The team has material impact on company metrics such as annual recurring revenue (ARR).
With a mission to deliver an industry-best experience, this team enables customers to grow quickly and expand their use of the Toast suite as and when they need to. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be a part of team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current tech stack while writing world-class applications
- Champion best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Ensure that all work done by the team is delivered with quality and is appropriately monitored and supported in production
- Mentor other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years building Fullstack web applications
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin or other object oriented languages
- Proficient with traditional databases and alternative data stores
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases into production, including API design and unit-testing frameworks
- Experience building on top of AWS services with other tools like Docker, and Git
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React or Angular
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Passionate about building great software
- Thinks outside the box – this role requires creative problem solving and quick iteration
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and skillfully navigate trade-offs and compromises
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a world-class platform.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].