Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
What is our Mission
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on the global stage. To achieve that we are forming a team with the singular focus of enabling restaurants outside the US to gain the great benefits of Toasts Software and Hardware technologies.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design our mission critical payments platform for international customers
- Help set the vision for international payments across R&D
- Develop an expert understanding of payments systems across multiple countries
- Work directly with pilot customers (sometimes in the restaurant!) to ensure successful delivery and operation
- Collaborate with the team to plan and estimate work
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- Expert in delivering high quality, reliable services to production using Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Drive to work across our tech stack and support other engineers in resolving challenging problems
- Experience supporting and debugging large distributed & multi threaded applications.
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace an agile mindset focused on delivering usable software.
- Experience with consumer data and/or multi-currency management a big plus
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].