We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is building out a New Ventures business unit with the goal of researching, developing, and eventually scaling a new generation of products and business lines that can have a substantial impact on Toast’s long-term growth. In this unique role, you will be one of the founding engineers on one of our New Venture teams. In this early stage, no product, platform, or code beyond early prototypes exist yet. If you are the type of engineer who loves building from scratch, this could be the perfect job for you.
On the Supply Chain team, we’re thinking about restaurants AND suppliers. Our mission is to understand and prioritize opportunities for Toast to help Restaurants and their Suppliers work better together. Led by two startup founders, we thrive on rapid build-measure-learn feedback loops and listening to the customer at all stages of the product process. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Full Stack Software Engineer to help us build a brand new business and product from the ground up.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Plan and scope new products and features to allow for rapid implementation and iteration
- Stay in tune with customer needs by participating in user interviews and research
- Contribute to all parts of the tech stack as needed to ship customer value
- Help establish solid foundations by participating in early architecture and tech decisions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- 7+ years experience building and shipping production software to customers
- Experience with Java or other object oriented programming languages
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- Knowledge of or interest in financial services, (payments, lending, etc) a plus.
- Startup mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Flexible in using different tech stacks and languages
* Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.