Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast POS app is the central pillar of Toast’s restaurant products. Every day, hundreds of thousands of servers, hosts, bartenders, and chefs use Toast’s POS to serve millions of guests! Our POS product is constantly evolving to better serve our restaurants, and our POS Productivity team builds the platform that makes this possible.
The core mission of the POS Productivity team is to make it as easy as possible for our Android engineers to develop new features and deliver them to our restaurants with high confidence and high quality. Every day, the team makes a positive impact on Toast’s engineers, Toast’s customer-facing teams, and our customers directly.
The POS Productivity team has a full-stack skillset, and their projects cover a broad set of technologies including Android app development, Java and Kotlin Cloud services in AWS, React UIs, and more. The team is an excellent fit for Android engineers branching into full stack development, and for experienced full-stack engineers interested in learning more about Android.
The team’s current primary project is designing a mobile app release platform that delivers a great experience for our customers, allows Toast to manage a variety of concurrent releases across multiple projects, and surfaces quality feedback to engineers as quickly as possible. Future potential projects include optimizing developers’ build/test cycle, modularizing our Android app and redesigning our CI/CD systems.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and deliver major changes to our Android POS software application and release platform
- Manage and collaborate with PM and UX to identify opportunities to improve the experience of our engineers and customers
- Build alignment with other technical leads on the project
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and high-quality team output
- Drive team results and impact across the Android teams working on the Toast POS Application
- Grow and develop team members through coaching and feedback
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experienced Android engineer interested in full stack development or an experienced full-stack engineer comfortable building Java and Kotlin cloud services
- Strong communicator who can express engineering tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Motivated to improve the day-to-day lives of fellow engineers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared codebase
- Technical leadership experience on multi-person projects
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.