Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is the Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
Swift is seeking a Technical Program Manager, who is excited to contribute hands-on project management skills, technical aptitude, and leadership skills with the rest of the program management organization. You will join a team working with business and engineering groups to turn product vision into tangible tasks that result in real products.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Program Navigation – Familiar with agile and waterfall philosophies, and has navigated technical engineering programs. Has experience executing hardware development lifecycle (EVT, DVT, PVT) and isn’t shy about making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Technical Engineering Experience – Has worked directly with engineering teams on roadmaps, estimation and planning in a consistent, organized and disciplined manner. Understands stages of software and hardware development and the various integration points.
- Issue resolution – Keen knack for problem solving cross functional dependencies, resourcing, person conflicts, technical barriers, time restraints, and risk assessments.
- 5+ years of Technical Project Management experience with an emphasis on hardware development
- Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile processes for Hardware & Software Engineering
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Experience in Change Management within an Engineering organization
- Analytical problem solver and strong quantitative thinker who learns quickly
- Ability to juggle and prioritize competing demands on your time
- Able to work on cross-functional project teams.
- Deep familiarity with both the NPI process and sustaining engineering.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- GPS and/or GNSS work experience or familiarity with Swift’s core competencies
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49