Toast is by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is looking for a Staff Technical Writer to join our engineering documentation team and play a critical role in designing and developing technical documentation for complex, cloud-based software. At Toast, the engineering documentation team develops high-quality product information for external and internal users of the Toast platform. You will be responsible for working with product managers, development leads, UX designers, and quality assurance engineers to understand the features our development team is building, and for working with support teams and external integration developers to understand what information they will need in order to be successful. You will research and test new functionality, design and develop new documentation, update existing documentation, conduct documentation reviews, and evaluate the effectiveness of our documentation set. You will take responsibility for extending and improving scalable technical documentation infrastructure in an API-first product delivery environment.
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- Writing targeted technical documentation for restaurant platform system features.
- Writing developer’s guide content for new REST APIs using the Swagger/OpenAPI framework.
- Building technical documentation infrastructure for scalable product delivery.
- Establishing documentation practices in a fast-growing, dynamic start-up environment.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Work with product managers, UX designers, and software developers to plan technical documentation content for new product features.
- Develop documentation information architecture and integrate input from stakeholders.
- Research and test new and existing Toast platform functionality.
- Develop high-quality documentation content to ensure internal team and end-user success.
- Engage subject matter experts and organize content review and revision.
- Track and communicate product changes as part of a cross-functional product/engineering team.
- Collaborate in evaluating documentation effectiveness and developing improvement plans.
- Build and improve technical documentation publishing infrastructure
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.