Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Associate who will support broad initiatives including business forecasting, investor and board reporting, and strategic initiatives. The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to impact strategic decision making in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on financial planning, business partnering to distill key financial insights into usable data for cross-functional teams, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on strategic project execution
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Develop sustainable and rigorous processes for ongoing financial reporting and review
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of experience in a combination of financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, investment banking or private equity
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Effective project and process management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Working knowledge of GAAP
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.