On this team you are going to be responsible for developing technical roadmaps for emerging, new and existing technologies. This team is responsible for the development of architecture documents, functional specifications, design documents, and architecture diagrams of GoPro’s Subscription service.
The person in this role will be a strong technical leader with a proven track record as an architect covering technology areas across the subscriptions/content access space. The ideal candidate will be able to drive standards and delve into system and application design to establish best practices and new and improved designs. Candidates will have breadth across technology stacks as well as depth in the specific domains of media, subscriptions and identity management. GoPro is a global company with engineering teams in multiple locations, across different time zones. The ability and willingness to work with distributed teams across time zones is a key requirement for this role.
What You Will Do
- Provide technical roadmaps for emerging, new, and existing technologies
- Design solutions to achieve strategic business goals
- Work with and mentor team members on the development of architectural strategies , guidelines , methodologies, and best practices
- Review and recommend improvements to existing application architectures
- Establish and manage process for peer reviews of system and application design for key initiatives
- Assist in application design, development, integration, and production support activities
- Research and develop proof of concepts as needed to further platform upgrades and build customer value
- Ability to identify and understand root causes of existing problems and propose creative and innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand third party integrations and data ownership
- Possess and maintain an understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate cloud services to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures for operational efficiency
- Provide guidance to project teams in all phases of SDLC
- Drive the development of architecture documents, functional specifications, design documents, and architecture diagrams
- Research the market and industry trend to drive the future roadmap of GoPro’s cloud platform
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10 or more years of related experience with at least 5 years designing and supporting media, identity management and subscription services
- Expert in creating and producing technical specifications from business requirements.
- Strong experience related to some or most of the following areas:
- Microservices Application Architecture
- Identity systems and related technologies
- REST and GraphQL
- Cloud platforms (AWS highly preferred)
- Deep understanding of underlying technologies that cross areas (front-end web , back-end, micro-services, cloud, network, database, PaaS , Serverless, automation, etc.)
- Expert-level experience on integrating with third party APIs , Automation, API design and API driven architecture in general.
- Familiarity with data privacy concepts (GDPR, PCI, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $154,700 – $242,075. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.