Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Tax Onboarding Specialist is an Associate level position and plays a critical role in helping customers make the switch onto the Toast Payroll platform. Individuals in this role use their skills with data and specialized payroll tax expertise to ensure that our new customers experience a seamless, simple, and accurate first payroll and tax filing experience.
The Tax Onboarding Specialist’s main duties include the transfer and validation of employee and pay data from a customer’s previous payroll provider onto the Toast Platform. Individuals in this role will work closely with Onboarding Consultants to coordinate the extraction & import of customer data at various points of a customer’s Onboarding Journey. Tax Onboarding Specialists will need to validate the results of data imports against provided tax returns, investigate and resolve any discovered discrepancies, and conduct audits to ensure that each customer’s first payroll experience will be smooth and error-free.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Extract, manipulate, and import payroll and demographic data from legacy payroll providers
- Validate payroll and tax information between legacy system to Toast system
- Research and update data inconsistencies between two systems
- Setup new customers in our Tax Software to enable tax payment and filing
- Resolve complex payroll system and tax issues
- Complete projects with a high level of reliability and accuracy
- Autonomously and reliably manage projects and deadline
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-2 years of experience in a data focused role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Formulas)
- Detail oriented and process obsessed
- Robust critical thinking and analytical skills
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive information
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating independently
- Ability to work flexible hours during busiest time of year
- Knowledge of payroll processes, taxes, or previous POS/Payroll experience is a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.