Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Business Systems QA Team Lead leads the QA efforts on project teams, supporting Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. This role acts as a subject matter expert for quality and development best practices, contributing towards predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the quality efforts on project development teams.
- Advocate for process improvements and quality best practices on the Business Systems teams.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine QA needs for all application change requests.
- Oversee test planning and upholding QA standards on project teams
- Attend/Drive project-related meetings and coordinate communication between QA and the rest of the project teams located in Boston & India.
- Provide QA estimates for work to be completed.
- Plan smoke testing strategies in production (post-deploy testing).
- Lead periodic release regression test cycles and UAT events.
- Partner closely with the development, customer support, sales & marketing teams to replicate and resolve issues.
- Coordinate UAT with product owners and review UAT test scripts.
- Have a close watch on test metrics and report them to leadership.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in quality assurance senior/lead role
- Experience being a strong advocate for quality practices within a cross-functional development team
- Experience with educating and mentoring junior team members on quality best practices
- Prior experience building and executing test plans on a complex software product within an Agile environment
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
- Skilled at working with product owners and other internal teams to refine requirements as needed
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
- Experience with Splunk
- Hands on experience with UI, API Automation.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].