Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Technical Accounting Manager will leverage their technical expertise to quickly identify accounting implications and impacts to the business, and our customers, while collaborating with team members cross-functionally to develop accounting conclusions and processes that help us scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Serve as the main point of contact for the FinTech and Revenue Accounting team on all new business initiatives from the technical accounting standpoint.
- Work with the business to evaluate accounting implications, research various technical accounting options, and conclude on best approaches as it relates to new and existing product offerings and partnerships.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders including Finance, Product, Legal, and external auditors to support product launches, preparation and review of accounting positions, policies, and financial statements.
- Prepare and review technical accounting memorandums to document conclusions and aid in operational implementation considerations.
- Provide insight on or prepare new and existing accounting policies based on industry standards and best practices.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years relevant experience
- CPA licensed
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an emphasis on quality
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and adhere to deadlines
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting in the Fintech industry
- Public accounting advisory / consulting background, Big 4 Firm preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].