Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Salesforce Technical Architect is a multidisciplinary role that focuses on design, architecture, development, and maintenance of Toast’s Salesforce platform. The Technical Architect will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Sales & Service Cloud, CPQ, FLS and other CRM applications. The role requires taking ownership of the platform health, architecture and design of critical cloud-based business applications used by Toast’s business stakeholders.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be responsible for defining and executing technical solutions to business problems across the Salesforce platform, particularity with Sales & Service Cloud, CPQ, FLS, Communities and other Toast internal and external Saas solution like NetSuite, Marketo, RevPro, Coveo
- Own the architecture and design of solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development)
- Partner with the Solutions architects, Enterprise architects and Product Owners to blueprint technical solutions that are aligned with the business objectives
- Provide guidance during evaluation of a business requirement and how it can be met with either point-and-click configuration or code and customization
- Define standards and processes to support and facilitate Business Systems architecture for Toast.
- Draft and review technical designs, integration standards, testing plans and other Business Systems architecture/engineering related documentation.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure high code quality and design patterns and best practices are followed
- Follow and understand new Salesforce products and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Monitor the overall health of the Salesforce org and lead initiatives for health improvement whenever needed
- Coach and mentor team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years’ experience in a Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of CRM Systems.
- Expert level understanding of the core Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud) with functional knowledge of the entire product suite, including Marketing Cloud, Integration Cloud, and App Cloud
- Hands on proven experience on Apex,Visualforce and at least 2 years hands on experience on Lightning Aura or Lightning Web component
- Hands on Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture including Salesforce Integrations using SOAP, REST, Middleware, Single Sign-On and Master Data Management
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (ETL, CPQ, marketing automation, reporting, etc.)
- Ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns about finance and accounting concepts and technical architecture
- Knowledge of internal controls best practices and SOX Compliance
- Ability to learn new technologies as they become prevalent and widely implemented, decision-making, time management, and task prioritization
- Strong understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment either on a team or as an individual contributor
- Excellent client-facing written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.