Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for an analytical, technical, and motivated team player to bring our Hardware Operations and Supply Chain teams’ top strategic and operational objectives to life. In this role, you will be working with business leaders and collaborating with our Business Systems team by utilizing your technical expertise and business insights. You will work closely with our Fulfillment and Supply Chain teams to plan, design and build optimal solutions for our systems and applications. This includes managing the delivery of the solutions to ensure that they are executed with high quality, and that they drive meaningful improvement in customer and internal team experience. As an expert on how data flows in our system, you will articulate solutions that are simple and scalable, and will support your team and manager to enable our team's systems portfolio to become a trusted partner to your stakeholders.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to understand their goals and operational requirements, including proactively identifying areas of improvement in Toast’s operations
- Support the intake and scoping process for requests from business users, estimate impact of initiatives, and help drive prioritization across our systems development backlog and project roadmaps / implementation sprints
- Serve as a translator between the business requirements and the technical work that needs to be done to achieve business goals, collaborating directly with technical architects and developers
- Redesign business-facing processes for inbound & transportation, inventory, and reverse logistics operations to improve efficiency based on the current needs of the team
- Own the full lifecycle of your projects, from gathering requirements with various teams, to collaborating with scrum teams during development lifecycles, to coordinating stakeholder testing and deployment of solutions
- Be an internal consultant that lends expertise and perspective to different leaders working to operationalize their teams
- Provide subject matter expertise to the internal operations and data teams on how different pieces of information are collected in our processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5 years of product management, technology consulting, fulfillment operations, supply chain operations or other equivalent experience
- Experience in technical implementations of warehouse or transportation management systems
- Track record of success in designing, and implementing technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability translating business requirements into technical requirements, and working closely with architects and systems administrators to implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback, drive consensus and manage change in situations with high ambiguity
- Experience managing projects from conception to delivery
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce.com highly preferred
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].