Location: Flexible (San Mateo, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
GoPro is looking for a talented candidate for the role of Technical Program Manager in Firmware to join our Program Management team and drive Gopro’s developments from early concept into final products of camera and accessories units.
This role will interface with cross-functional stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Quality, Operations) around the globe (US, France, China) to develop, manage and drive end-to-end execution of assigned Firmware developments. It’s critical to meet cost/schedule commitments, coordinate efforts, identify/mitigate risks & resolve conflicts/blockers.
You will also work closely with other Program Managers to refine and improve our product development processes.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the overall product development efforts within Firmware projects, from early concepts to product launch and sustaining.
- Coordinate efforts to create project plans that will deliver high-quality products with high confidence in delivery dates.
- Manage risks by proactively driving cross-functional leads to clarify requirements, identify and unblock issues (including conflicting priorities), track and resolve cross-team dependencies, achieve consensus and conclusion for deliverables.
- Partner with other Technical Program Manager and team leads to ensure that handoffs between teams are never dropped, and are transferred with clear responsibilities, ownership, and delivery expectations.
- Deliver continuous, informed and transparent status updates organization-wide to ensure all stakeholders, including management teams, are aware of ongoing projects and their status
- Work with Program Management team to research, advise, define, create, and successfully roll out new and updated processes to best fit our teams and business needs
- Maintain approach towards teamwork and collaboration
Skills We’re Excited About
- 5+ years of technical work experience related to firmware or software development, including 2+ years of Engineering Program Management in consumer electronics industry
- Experience and/or understanding of product development lifecycles and processes, including traditional waterfall methods and modern agile practices
- Track history of critical thinking, collaboration, self-motivation, organizational and priority management skills in complex technical contexts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex ideas in easy-to-digest ways and build understanding with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to remain flexible, stay clam and focus in ambiguous environment
- Knowledgable of one or more technologies is a plus : Electrical Engineering, UX/UI, Software development
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.