Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re looking for a talented UX Designer with a strong portfolio that demonstrates an ability to balance user goals with business objectives, while delivering intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.”
The Toast Fintech team is responsible for a diverse range of products, all with the united goal of helping restaurants make dealing with money easier. From quickly and seamlessly taking guest payments to extending funding via our lending products, our product team tackles some of the most complex and exciting initiatives within Toast that deliver new areas of value to our customers.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. Demonstrated skills include user needs analysis, business process analysis, workflow design, rapid prototyping, interaction design, and high-fidelity product design. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose – we enable restaurants to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across mobile and responsive web platforms – delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, translating that understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enduring sense of curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Passion for doing right by the customer
- Fluency in one or more design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC)
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience with/knowledge of consumer financial technology e.g., banking, payments, etc.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Medical Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Pension and matching
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.