Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for a VP of Enterprise Applications. The role leads our Enterprise Application function and includes product and engineering teams across our enterprise applications running our business. The Enterprise Apps leadership role is integral to accelerating Toast’s growth through people, process, & technology. The ideal candidate is a visionary leader who inspires the team to develop a deep understanding of business strategies and focused execution of complex cross-functional initiatives with measurable business outcomes.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead and manage several globally distributed engineering and product management teams of ~100 highly skilled technologists
- Build trusted relationships with business leaders across the organization so that the Apps team serves as a responsive business partner to them to meet their business objectives.
- Responsible for enterprise platform vision and strategy – create a clear, convincing technical strategy that aligns to business priorities and objectives
- Responsible for technical execution and for the design, build, and scaling of next generation enterprise applications and platforms
- Ensure we operate a secure and compliant enterprise: operationalize security policies enterprise wide, and maintain PCI/SOX control compliance for responsible controls
- Promote iterative, thoughtful decision-making within self-organized teams
- Promote development, QA, DevOps best practices
- Drive ongoing enterprise product and technology reviews in conjunction with the Product Leaders with senior stakeholders and drive strategic technological discussions towards building platforms
- Attract talent, help to instill and foster a growth mindset within the team and help both technical and managerial employees reach their full potential
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field
- 15+ years of experience
- Has extensive experience with end to end business processes spanning Go to Market, Customer Experience, Employee Experience & Financial Excellence.
- Has extensive experience deploying and scaling best in class cloud technologies including Salesforce, Netsuite and Zuora Revenue
- Has experience maturing technical delivery practices in an Applications org: implementing a product operating model/scrum team delivery model
- Understands the complex delivery and revenue recognition models of a global, multi-line, multi-product software company and wants to think about satisfying them in new and different ways.
- Has managed a team of 100+ and worked in a fast-paced, high growth organization with revenue of $2B+
- Values partnership, trust, collaboration, and communication – builds trust with business partners; Can communicate changes to business systems processes, their drivers, and expected results clearly; Can facilitate tradeoff discussions in the context of business outcomes
- Has a strategic view of business process and systems architecture with data & insights as the foundation
- Has experience working with highly distributed global teams, including third party contractors and consultants
- Has experience with cloud and SaaS based business models; Fintech/payment experience a plus
- Has successfully implemented transformational changes within an enterprise (e.g., moving to a public cloud, CRM/back-office transformation)
- Results driven, getting things done, and comfortable being in details to drive functional and operational excellence
- Thrives in a fast moving environment: can absorb changes and has a willingness to be flexible in a rapidly growing organization
- Is intellectually curious and asks a lot of questions. Is not afraid to debate and effectively challenge the status quo
- Demonstrates self-awareness and high EQ
- Is execution oriented – “can walk the talk”
Our Spread* Of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- 100% paid childbirth recovery medical leave
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Eligibility for 100% paid medical or family leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Home office and telecommunications stipends
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.