Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Workforce Management (WFM) Strategy & Planning Senior Manager that will be responsible for developing our workforce management strategy, capacity planning and procedures as well as managing the team responsible for executing these strategies. Additionally, the Senior Manager is responsible for Forecast Accuracy, Line Adherence, Schedule Efficiency and other important WFM metrics.
About this roll*:
- Manage a team of 3+ people comprising forecasting and scheduling analysts.
- Lead the development of our workforce management function, including but not limited to headcount requirements, scheduling and forecasting.
- Build and maintain documentation of all processes, procedures and responsibilities.
- Create and collaborate in real-time on the creation and maintenance of models to forecast resource needs.
- Collaborate with business leaders and BPO partners to manage and improve staffing levels.
- Drive the development of effective “People” metrics (e.g. forecast accuracy, employee utilization, productivity, shrinkage, and schedule alignment).
- Provide management with timely, relevant and accurate reports, committed to effective time management.
- Work closely with the call center and vendor teams to set goals, implement initiatives, and monitor feedback loops to ensure quick updates to stakeholders and to identify any required changes in strategy.
- Monitor performance and collaborate with management and key partners to identify, plan and implement actions to optimize employee productivity and utilization.
- Research workforce management best practices and develop appropriate recommendations to improve demand forecasting, capacity planning and employee utilization.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 4+ years experience managing resource utilization, forecasting, productivity analytics
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for continuous improvement and root cause analysis
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into the details where necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience with workforce management tools and complex scheduling systems
- Knowledge of headcount and position management
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Effective communication with individuals at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to spot red flags and escalate roadblocks or challenges
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.