Since launching in 2013, Omio has been helping customers discover different ways to travel. Our pioneering and practical platform helps travellers worldwide explore Europe, the United States and Canada via train, bus, flight and ferry.
Our innovative technologies, passion for travel, and diversity are our strengths. Working at Omio is a journey in and of itself, one that moves us to share in the beauty of travel.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled IT Manager to join our dynamic team to maintain the company's Workplace IT infrastructure and systems. Based in Prague or Berlin.
- Manage the in-house Workplace IT team;
- Liaising with external suppliers and allocation appropriate resources to the Workplace IT team;
- Developing new network troubleshooting strategies to help reduce downtime and decrease maintenance costs
- Creating rational strategies for upgrading the company’s network and software whenever a new update is available
- Constructing and implementing plans to ensure the company’s network and software continues to operate smoothly in the event of a problem
- Staying up to date with new technology and reporting this information to the relevant team
- Working closely with other department Managers to assess the growth needs and maintenance of the company’s network and software
- Engaging with stakeholders as required on IT matters to ensure needs are understood and appropriately addressed with viable, long-term solutions;
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to direct reports and support their personal development;
- Act as trusted subject-matter expert on system-related questions to stakeholders, offering support and pragmatic solutions
- Proven experience managing IT infrastructure and managing IT systems like Google Workplace, Atlassian
- Experience, maturity and technical artistry to make timely and sustainable contributions
- Enough technical experience to distinguish between theory and best practise
- Self Organized
- Good time management
- Conflict management
- Value ambassador
- Ownership and active participation in team rituals
The Interview Process
You will have an introductory call with a member of the Talent Acquisition team to get to know each other. Following that, you will meet with our colleagues in IT and cross-functional team as well. These conversations will give us an opportunity to not only talk about your experience, ambitions and values but also serve to determine – for both sides – whether we are a ‘good match’. In turn, you will hear more about our team, the way we work, and our challenges and plans. Please come prepared with questions, too!
What’s in it for you? #LifeAtOmio
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, together, we are powering journeys that move us
- Flexible working, 27 vacation days, a day off on your birthday, and more
- 6 weeks per year 'work-from-anywhere' after 1 year of tenure
- Subsidized Multisport card
- Travel Benefits Scheme
- Brand new, modern, and dog-friendly office
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities
Diversity makes us stronger
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
Hiring process and background checks
At Omio, we work in partnership with Giant Screening, once a job offer has been accepted, Giant will be engaged to carry out background screening. Giant will reach out to you via email and occasionally via telephone/text message so that they can gather all relevant information required. Consent will be requested prior to any information being passed to our services company.
Intrigued? Apply here in English.