Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift is seeking a Technical Program Manager, who is excited to contribute hands-on program management skills, technical aptitude, leadership skills with the rest of the program management organization. You will join a team working with business and engineering groups to turn product vision into tangible tasks that result in real products.
- 3+ years of Technical Project Management disciplines including scope, schedule, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical field
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Knowledge and experience with formal delivery methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall & Hybrid).
- Technical Engineering Experience – Has worked directly with engineering teams on roadmaps, estimation and planning in a consistent, organized and disciplined manner. Understands stages of software development and the various integration points.
- Experience in System Engineering and involved in end to end system design and requirements
- Analytical problem solver and strong quantitative thinker who learns quickly
- Ability to juggle and prioritize competing demands on your time
- The successful candidate will have excellent people skills and the desire and self-confidence to work with a highly technical team of engineers and company leadership
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- GPS and/or GNSS work experience or familiarity with Swift’s core competencies
- Jira/Smartsheet experience
- Experience with cloud system architecture
- Experience in System Engineering and development activities according to the V-model methodology;
- Experience in Change Management within an Engineering organization
- Experience working in Software as a service (SaaS)
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams, driving projects from concept to launch, and overseeing the operational life-cycle of the projects.We are looking for someone with a combination of both technical and program management experience
- Define and implement best in class processes; define and drive critical metrics which inform the organization on execution efficacy
- Execute against the Company Roadmap in close collaboration with the product team, all engineering teams, and the leadership team
- Proactively identify key risks and issues, prioritize, identify mitigations, and drive to closure
- Provide clear meaningful communication of status and issues to executive leadership and all stakeholders
- Optimize processes to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities and set up the program for success
- Set milestones for the program, track and periodically communicate to stakeholders as well as ensure corrective actions/mitigations as needed
- Big picture owner providing clarity on what we are trying to accomplish, making sure all dependencies are planned and driving the outcome for the program
- Issue resolution – Keen knack for problem solving cross functional dependencies, resourcing, person conflicts, technical barriers, time restraints, and risk assessments.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 – $158,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49